Download the PDF Fact Sheet
The Crawford Power Generating Station was the largest of five power stations serving the City of Chicago when it
began operating in 1925. The coal-fired power plant sat on 70 acres in Chicago’s Little Village Industrial Corridor.
In 2012, Crawford Station closed and has remained dormant.
In 2017, Hilco Redevelopment Partners purchased the site with a vision to redevelop it into a 1 million square foot
state-of-the-art warehouse and distribution center, bringing jobs, economic development and significant benefits to the
community. Rebranded as “Exchange 55,” the project is scheduled to be complete at the end of 2019 – early 2020.
In partnership with the City of Chicago, the Little Village Community, the Alderman of Chicago’s 22nd Ward, and other
stakeholders, Hilco Redevelopment Partners is committed to responsibly redeveloping this former power plant site
and ensuring it’s a success for the region.
About Hilco Redevelopment Partners